Now in public beta:
- ePub downloads: Download any folder’s 20 most recent articles as an .epub file that’s readable on many popular e-reader devices, including most Sony Readers and (probably) the upcoming B&N Nook.
- Kindle downloads: Download any folder’s 20 most recent articles as a Kindle-compatible .mobi file.
- The Printable view can now be used in any folder.
A few brief notes:
- The ePub and Kindle features will be a bit slow for now. Give them a minute to download. I’m working on speed improvements over time.
- The Instapaper.com site doesn’t work properly from the Kindle’s browser yet. These files are intended to be transferred via USB. The upside: It’s free, fast, and compatible with non-U.S. Kindles.
- I’m unable to personally test on a huge variety of ePub-compatible devices. Please let me know if it doesn’t work well on yours.
- Not every Sony Reader can read ePub files. On some models, you need to install the most recent software updates from Sony first.
- The Kindle and ePub features use the new text parser regardless of your selected parser. A huge upside to this is that they’ll include many images that are contained within article content.
Enjoy! And let me know if anything’s broken.